Colour makes us happy

 

Dots pendants range 


Have been having a few flat weeks of late, I think it's the day-in-day-out routine without a lot of long term planning or outings, and it kind of zaps the creative mind. .  

So I decided to play with some colours that were mood lifting. When it comes to my beading and clay work I'm not much of a detailed planner - I just see where it takes me on the day.

I dug out a digital art image that I'd saved to Pinterest a long while ago that had a palette that jumped at me - this was the inspiration for my colour mixes for my 2 slabs. I find slab work very time consuming - I agonise over placement which is a bit silly as its going to be cut up anyway, but that's just how I am. 
It was worth it as these pieces make me very happy.  






Several of these pieces sold quickly, with a couple of pairs of earrings on their way to the US to a dear repeat customer.  I'm always so excited when my work sells - even after all this time I still do a happy dance !  That's the joy of supporting handmade, peeps ! 

Have a wonderful weekend 

Vicki xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So much for a bead diet ...

Pattern and texture