Fresh Colours

Fresh new pieces on a cool Sydney winter's day.

 


Apple Necklace made with raku lampwork by Beeboo, an Elaine Ray lentil, and some sweet free form apple shaped beads by MaryAnn Carroll. This is the first time I've tried the beaded  loop button closure, seen here with a Mamacita pewter button.




Can you believe that amazing pendant is glass? Outwest is a talented bead artist, that's for sure. A simple combination. Sometime I struggle with names for pieces, and end up a maybe bit corny, but it would be really boring  if we just called pieces by colour and type,  "olive and cream necklace".  Bullseye Necklace - hmmm....not sure about the name...

Comments

  1. Vickie-
    These are lovely. I am working with a color palette similar to the top one for my Gallery Q exhibit. (love the button!)

    I found some zany ways to come up with names...I keep a little notebook with them. When I hear a snippet of a song lyric or read a line in a poem, I write it down. I recently found some intriguing names by Googling "Name Generator". I am particularly fond of the fantasy name generators. There was a funny one that gave you superhero names! Try that out!

    As for the bottom one I was thinking something along the lines of "Mesmerized" or "Hypnotic"...

    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love first one. I'ts colors comes very beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, those colors in the first necklace? DIVINE! I wish I had lampwork glass in those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second necklace! It looks more like a spinning wheel to me than a bull's eye. I also like Erin's suggestion, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So much for a bead diet ...

Pattern and texture

Colour makes us happy