Easter Wishes and Her Fearful Symmetry

A long silence on the blog front, finally broken to say all the best to you and your families over the Easter period. 

Valentina Necklace


I've just finished reading Audrey Niffenegger's book, Her Fearful Symmetry, which was a darkly beautiful book about twins, ghosts and souls.

I think it has subliminally influenced these pieces. I've had these beautiful Chinook pendants for a while. With the weather in Australia cooling down as winter approaches, both seem appropriate, as they are very dark and moody, with gorgeous architectural details. I wear a lot of black (architects and designers do that, goodness knows why except we don't like to clash with our design schemes maybe?), so I'm not scared of this style, but I know it might be a bit fierce for some. The square pendant necklace  is combined with 2 types of onyx - symmetrical but not.


I think this one with the circle pendant needs rework- love the black chain from Miss Ficklemedia, but my composition isn't quite right and the black, the wood and brass are not quite balancing. - I'll update the post with the final installment hopefully over the Easter break.

Comments

  1. I'm with L. I think the design works great. Black is definitely my colour of choice when it comes to wardrobe. Reminds me of one morning getting off the tram in Melbourne and looking down to see people coming up out of the train station. Just like hundreds of black ants streaming out. You need to be in Melbourne. Everyone wears black ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both! They're moody and dramatic...

    I have a BUNCH of new architectural patterns in the test phase this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like both Vicki although the square pendant gets my top vote.
    Hope the easter bilby calls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So much for a bead diet ...

Pattern and texture

Colour makes us happy