A package arrived with lots of Elaine Ray's ceramic beads. I really love
the rustic and unique style of her work - you can see that hand made
nature, yet she adds very slick finishes in gloss, metallic effect and
punchy colour glazes.
Sweet Maxy, one of our main coon twin cats (furr kids) after whom this blog and the jewellery shops are named has been very ill over the last few days. We are on an emotional rollercoaster, he is only a baby at 4 years, and has just pulled through major kidney surgery this afternoon. We are hoping and praying that he survives the ordeal. If you can say a prayer or send some healing karma our way for Max that would be wonderful. Thanks, Vicki and Sasha (and Kevin, my darling husband)
Phew what a week! I finished up at my day job on a Friday, and started a new role with a new firm on Monday. Busy, busy. I set up Sasha and Max on Facebook (after much hesitation - it was not a very user friendly site for a Gen X gal), and I've been a beading demon this weekend, making lots of pairs of earrings and these necklaces. It's interesting how using like materials and scale but in very different styles can deliver some diverse results - I'm having a jewellery open afternoon next Saturday with my lovely Mum, and the possible age range of the ladies attending will be broad, hence the experimenting with styles. Hey, my jewellery design style is generally my style, so it's either your thing or not, but it does range from clean lined to more decorative when I feel like it. The top necklace has a connector from Summers Studio , combined with 2 scales of wooden beads and seed beads. It is a good mix of contemporary and classic. The middle one makes a ...
I never tire of making necklaces. Sometimes one can take months or even years - I hand make the beads, leave them aside for while, play with layouts and pairings, set them aside and forget about them, rediscover them, rearrange them and finally finish and photograph them. Here are some recent favourites. The first pairs my beads with 3 Samunnat-made large features. Such a happy necklace. . This one has been a long time coming - I made the beads about 8 years ago when I weas learning clay techniques with translucent clay - not sure I could ever re-cerate these beads. I love the terracotta pairing. I hope to post a bit more frequently again and slow down for some creative time......
Comments
Post a Comment